What is Online Banking?
Online Banking is an easy and convenient way to access your bank accounts without going to the bank. Islanders Bank Online Banking is available 24/7 and can be accessed using your personal computer.
Why don’t all of my accounts show in Online Banking?
Account access in Online Banking is determined by your status as an account “owner” and an account “signer.” You must be an account owner or co-owner and signer in order to access an account via Online Banking. If you have questions regarding the accessibility of an account please contact your local Islanders Bank branch.
Can I transfer money between my personal or business accounts?
Yes. You must be an owner and a signer on all of the accounts.
What are the web browser requirements for Online Banking?
We support the current and prior major releases of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. When a new version is announced as Release to Web (RTW), support will cease on the third-oldest major version. Please note that utilizing older browsers may result in disabled functionality or limited access to services.
Supported Browsers – Current and Prior Major Release
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – IE*
- Safari – Apple/Mac users only
*On July 11, 2016 users will no longer be able to access Online Banking from Internet Explorer version(s) 7 or 8
What account information can I access in Online Banking?
You can access your checking, savings, line of credit, certificate of deposit (CD), or loans to verify balances, transfer money between accounts*, and export data to your financial software**.
*Some restrictions apply to transfers
**Limited to Quicken, QuickBooks & Microsoft Money
What does Online Banking cost?
Online banking is free to our customers!
Is Online Banking confidential and secure?
YES! Islanders Bank and our online banking vendor have incorporated the latest security features into our online banking system to ensure both privacy and security. We utilize data encryption, multi-factor authentication and require our customers to use an Access ID and password to login to online banking.
What is data encryption?
Data encryption is a process in which plain text is transformed into “cyphertext” a form of text that is non-readable to unauthorized parties. Data encryption protects sensitive and confidential information and adds another layer of security to Islanders Bank Online Banking.
What is a Multi-Factor Authentication?
Multi-Factor Authentication combines two or more authentication techniques together to form a stronger or more reliable level of authentication. The following are examples of authentication techniques:
- Secret – something the person knows
- Token – something the person has
- Biometric – something the person is (e.g. finger print, eyeball scan).
What other steps can I take to protect myself?
Your Online Banking Access ID and password are one of the most important security features used for Online Banking. You can help prevent unauthorized access to your accounts by selecting an Access ID & password that is known only to you and also by regularly changing that password. Islanders Bank also requires you to change your password on an annual basis.
Other security tips:
- Keep your web browser up to date by taking advantage of the latest security patches and enhancements.
- Take advantage of Trusteer Rapport, FREE for Islanders Bank customers. Click Here to learn more.
- Take all necessary steps to keep your computer free from viruses or worms that might be used to capture password keystrokes or transmit information from your computer’s hard drive.
- Be suspicious of emails requesting account and/or password information. Do not ever provide account information or any PINS or passwords in an email.
- Be careful where you access your online banking accounts. Do not use a public or rented computer as they can be configured to capture private information from unsuspecting internet users.
- Shred all printed documents with account information before discarding them.
Does Online Banking work with Quicken, QuickBooks & Microsoft Money?
Yes, it does. Data can be downloaded to a spreadsheet application like Microsoft Excel or to personal financial management software such as Quicken, QuickBooks or Microsoft Money. Supported file fomats include: .OFX, .QFX, .QBO, .IIF, .QIF, .CSV and .TCT.
Who do I contact if I have questions or concerns?
You may contact your local Islanders Bank branch by phone or in person for assistance.
How do I get started?
If you have an account with Islanders Bank, click here to enroll online. You will need to read and accept the terms for Online Banking before proceeding.